Happy Thanksgiving from Kice
First and foremost, we would like to thank our customers, reps, suppliers and employees. It’s continuing our working relationships with you that allow us to grow and succeed in our efforts to provide quality solutions to the various industries we serve.
We will be closed November 22nd and 23rd. We will resume normal business hours on Monday November 26.
If you’re at the dinner table this holiday season we have some fun facts and jokes you can share:
- The first Thanksgiving was held in the autumn of 1621 and included 50 Pilgrims and 90 Wampanoag Indians and lasted three days.
- Thanksgiving didn’t become a national holiday until over 200 years later! Sarah Josepha Hale, the woman who actually wrote the classic song “Mary Had a Little Lamb,” convinced President Lincoln in 1863 to make Thanksgiving a national holiday, after writing letters for 17 years campaigning for this to happen.
- No turkey on the menu at the first Thanksgiving: Historians say that no turkey was served at the first Thanksgiving! What was on the menu? Deer or venison, ducks, geese, oysters, lobster, eel and fish. They probably ate pumpkins, but no pumpkin pies. They also didn’t eat mashed potatoes or cranberry relish, but they probably ate cranberries
- No forks at the first Thanksgiving! The first Thanksgiving was eaten with spoons and knives — but no forks! That’s right, forks weren’t even introduced to the Pilgrims until 10 years later and weren’t a popular utensil until the 18th century.
- Thanksgiving is the reason for TV dinners! In 1953, Swanson had so much extra turkey (260 tons) that a salesman told them they should package it onto aluminum trays with other sides like sweet potatoes — and the first TV dinner was born!
- Wild turkeys can run 20 miles per hour when they are scared, but domesticated turkeys that are bred are heavier and can’t run quite that fast.
Here’s a side dish of jokes to share at the table this year:
- What’s the best song to sing when preparing your Thanksgiving turkey? – All About The Baste.
- Why didn’t the turkey eat dessert? – Because he was already stuffed!
- When the Pilgrims landed, where did they stand? – On their feet!
- Who was the drummer in the Thanksgiving band? — The turkey, because he had the drumsticks!
- What should you wear to Thanksgiving dinner? –A har-vest.
- What does Miley Cyrus eat for Thanksgiving? – Twerky.